Alert Driving Academy FAQ's
- The RMV requires that you be at least 15 and 9 months old to sign up for class
- You will need to be at least 16 years old to take the Learners Permit Test at the RMV
- You can register for any upcoming class on our website
- Once class has reached capacity, it is automatically removed from options
- You can test at any full service RMV Branch
- You can view requirements on massrmv.gov
There are nine 2-hour lessons in total
- 6-lessons you sign up for are 1- hour drive and 1-hour observation
- 3-lessons you sign up for are 2-hour drive only lessons
- All lessons are scheduled by students using our online system
- You cancel lessons using our online system. There will be a $50 fee added to your account for any cancelation made with less than 24-hour notice, as well as for not showing up for a lesson
Our RMV required 2-hour Parent Class is held on the 3rd evening of any class session at our 30 E. Main St. Webster MA location
These tend to be large classes, so we request only 1 parent or legal guardian attend
You can reserve a seat for the parent class on our website
If you have attended a Parent Class in Mass within the past 5-years, you will not need to reattend. If this class was taken at Alert, we have that info on file. If the class was taken elsewhere, we will need a copy of the certificate you received from that school
The RMV does not allow students to begin road lessons until this requirement has been fulfilled.
A $100 deposit is due to register for any class session
Payments can be made on our website or given to instructors during road lessons
Balance must be paid in full prior to final road lesson
Once you have completed all Driver's Ed. Requirements and your balance is paid in full you will automatically be placed on the first test request you are eligible for at our location
We host an onsite test at our webster location every 2-3 weeks.
RMV requires that requests must be submitted 2-weeks in advance. Students must complete all requirements at least 2 weeks prior to any test date to be included on that test request.
If testing at an RMV branch with a parent or guardian. You will be able to schedule a test after completing all Driver's Ed. Requirements along with having your balance paid in full.
- A note book and pen, or laptop/tablet for note taking
- A lunch (students are not allowed to leave premises)
- There is a refrigerator and microwave available
- There are snacks and drinks available for purchase
- Any payments you wish to apply to your account
- Your Learners Permit
- Closed toed shoes (no sandals, flip-flops, heels)
- Any payment you wish to apply to your account
During the school year, we pick up at Bartlett, S.H.R.H.S., Oxford H.S., Douglas H.S., Northbridge H.S., Uxbridge H.S. and Sutton H.S. if your lesson is immediately after school. We will drop you off at home.
Other time slots we will pick you up and drop you off at home
We will inform you if you live outside of our pick up and drop off zone to arrange a pick up and drop off location for your lessons